Christian Formation Hour – Adult Forum
10.45-11.450 Sunday mornings.
The Theology of Stewardship as Tender Competence
Session 1 can be found here
Monthly review questions here
The Essentials of Christianity -Episcopal 101
This is an introduction to Christianity within the traditions of the Episcopal Church. The Episcopal Church is a church of the worldwide Anglican Communion in the USA. The Churches of the Anglican Communion form the second largest single Christian tradition after Roman Catholicism. Along with Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, the Episcopal Church stands in the tradition of Historic or Catholic and Apostolic Christianity as it has been transmitted within the Anglican Tradition originating in the experience of English Christianity. EP 101 explores Christian Essentials in the following areas:
- Who is God, who is Jesus, what is the Holy Trinity, what does it mean to be human made in the image of God? It also includes the meaning and purpose of baptism and the historic Creeds.
- The Bible, including its historical and literary structure and its interpretation.
- The nature of Anglican Tradition and the Episcopal Church.
- The Book of Common Prayer as the foundation for worship, prayer, and other spiritual practices.
- Gratitude, generosity, and service.
Week 1 where we explore the question who or what is God?
Week 2. we explore Who is Jesus?
Week 3. for God, Jesus and the Church.
Week 4 The History and Structure of the Bible. Visit
Week 5 for the Anglican approach to the interpretation of Scripture.
Week 6 explores the nature of Spiritual Practice,
Lent 2016 – on spiritual practice
are groups that meet usually once a month to explore the experience of soul-faring using the practice of Lectio Divina (divine reading) and other spiritual practice and reflection tools. Intentional Community Groups are a setting for the training of spiritual facilitators, supporting the development of spiritual capacity within the community.
- Gander: a male spirituality group using Lectio Divina for men to explore the spiritual journey in one another’s company, meeting monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. For details contact The Rector
- Women’s Spirituality Group: uses a variety of spiritual practices and reflections to build an experience for women to accompany one another on the spiritual journey, meeting monthly, For details please contact The Rector
- Seekers: a group of 20-30 somethings that meets on the 3rd Sunday of the month between 4-6pm for Lectio Divina. For details please contact The Rector
- Bible Box is an open Bible discussion group between the 8:30 and 9:15am Eucharists.
- Lay Pastoral Care Group meets monthly to review pastoral care visits. For further information contact Linda+
- Adult Formation offerings will vary throughout the year, and take place in the Christian Formation Hour between 10 and 11.30am on Sunday mornings. Stay tuned to St. Martin’s E-News for additional opportunities for faith formation.
Desktop links and mobile apps for the Book of Common Prayer, Daily Prayer, the Lectionary, and the Bible
Electronic Common Prayer although this app costs around $10 it contains the calendar, weekday and Sunday lectionary and full electronic version of the BCP – highly recommended!